We are so excited that you are taking interest in our program and would love to meet you! Please read below the list of a few of our requirements we have so you can know what the expectations are for mentoring the youth in our program.
- Submit an application and consent to a reference check and background check.
- Attend a mandatory training for the initial on boarding
- After commencement, maintain weekly contact with the mentee for the next 4 months, with a minimum of 10 hours of personal contact each month.
- Maintain WEEKLY contact with the student/mentee. (the amount of time per face to face session will change depending on the program you sign up for)
- Attend tri weekly meetings and submit online reports on your time with mentees.
***An in-depth background check is required for all adult volunteers working with youth. Program staff will walk you through this process and work with you to get the required documentation. If the comprehensive background check reveals the following, you will be notified and asked to withdraw your application:
- A history of arrest or conviction for a sex offense and/or violent acts towards children.
- A felony conviction or any alcohol, drug, or substance abuse within the last 2 years
Still interested? Apply below!